Academic excellence is the pursuit of knowledge and skills that will help every student succeed in college and in their desired career paths to success. Our WCEA accredited academic program is designed to prepare students for the 21st century economy while instilling core values and skills of honesty, integrity, determination, and grit.
As a college preparatory school, the program is designed to be rigorous and relevant. Teachers are trained on the tenets of the 21st century learning framework of the 4Cs: Communication, Creativity, Collaboration, and Critical Thinking. Our culturally responsive pedagogy enables teachers to engage learners to ensure that all students learn at high levels.
- Student Teacher Ration: 14 to 1
- Average class size is 17-24 students
- Faculty possess bachelors degrees in their academic discipline
- Faculty have masters degrees or credentials or both
- Professional Learning Communities: Our faculty works as a professional learning community with teachers working together to discuss curriculum and effective instructional delivery.
- Professional Development: Faculty are sent to different PDs for their fields such as STEM Learning, ADLA Core Instructional Practices, Gilder Lehman Literacy (Social Science Teachers) and AP Instruction courses.
- In House Professional Development: Makerspace Labs by T4T.org, Steverson & Associates Learning Professional Development, Google Apps for Education
- Our Schedule spans all 6 classes on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays (55 minute courses) with Block schedule on Wednesdays and Thursdays (75 minute courses)