WELCOME TO THE PARENT PORTAL!
We, at St. Pius X-St. Matthias Academy, consider it a privilege to work with parents in the education of their children because we believe parents are the primary educators of their children; "Parents are the first and most important educators of their own children, and they also possess a fundamental competence in this area: they are educators because they are parents." (1994 Letter to Families Pope John Paul II). Therefore, it is your right and your duty to become the primary role models for the development of your child's life-physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and psychologically. Your choice of St. Pius X-St. Matthias Academy involves a commitment and exhibits a concern for helping your teenager to recognize God as the greatest good in their life.
PARENT NEWS & INFORMATION
PMA NEWS UPDATE FOR APRIL 8-14, 2018
- CLASSES RESUME: We hope you enjoyed a restful and rejuvenating Easter holiday break. Classes will resume on Monday April 9.
- SENIOR RETREAT: The Class of 2018 will gather for their final retreat on Friday April 13th. As part of our final retreat Seniors will reflect and join in prayer and memories. Seniors may wear jeans and a PMA polo, lunch will be provided on this day for all Seniors.
- FAMILIES WELCOME: April 11th is our next scheduled monthly mass to celebrate the Divine Mercy in the PMA gym, at 9:40 guiding our community through the Gospel of John. Please join us as we continue to grow and rejoice in worship. All students must be in formal Mass attire. We welcome representatives from the Mt. Carmel Alumni Foundation and the Aquistapace Foundation as well as Pius X alumni members of the Class of 1962.
- JUNIOR/SENIOR PROM: Juniors and seniors wishing to attend Prom (Saturday May 5) must complete a Prom Contract. Please review the agreement 2018 PROM CONTRACT, students may print it and return it completed to the front office.
- PMA GYM BLEACHERS: Thanks to the generosity of the Dan Murphy Foundation, the PMA gym bleacher seats will start being repaired and replaced the week of April 9th. The gym will be off limits during repairs and restricted to approved authorized personnel only.
- MAKE YOUR MARK-GYM BLEACHER CAMPAIGN: Now is the time to make your mark on the PMA Campus and show your support of the facility by purchasing a plaque on a gym bleacher seat for you or your family. We are half way to our goal of raising $7500 for this campaign. Buy a front row seat for $200, a middle row seat for $100 or a top row seat for $50. Limited amount of seats are available. Contact Ms. Santos or purchase online at https://piusmatthias.networkforgood.com/projects/47792-make-your-mark-gym-bleacher-campaign
- PARENT THANK YOU! Thank you to the PMA community, parents and students for your support during the Blood Drive on March 26th. It was our best yet! Truly through our partnership with the American Red Cross, we have and will continue to save lives.
- DAY AT THE RACES FUNDRAISER: Come spend the day with us at Santa Anita Race Track this coming Saturday April 14th from 11:00am -3:00 pm as we enjoy food, fun, and fellowship in support of our student athletic programs. All proceed will go towards the renovation and equipment for our PMA Weight Room. Adult tickets are $30 and Children 17 and under are $10. Please visit https://piusmatthias.networkforgood.com/events/6177-pma-day-at-the-races for further information and to purchase your tickets TODAY!
- SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION (Early Registration Discount)
- Recovery Program: If you know that your child needs to attend summer school based on prior recovery needs or his/her grades last semester, REGISTER NOW. The early registration discount ($50) ends on April 20th. All courses must be made up at PMA and will be taught in a classroom-based setting. For more information, contact our guidance counselors or Ms. Bronzina.
- Advancement Courses (Get Ahead!): Algebra II A & B, Geometry A&B, and Spanish II A & B. Registrations forms are available in the main office. Take advantage of the Early Registration discount.
- Middle-School Program (Grades 5/6 & 7/8): We will be offering a series of courses - Creative Design, and Math/English Enrichment - geared for students in Grades 5-8. See our website or stop by the front office for more information and registration forms.
- DEPT. OF CATHOLIC SCHOOLS SURVEY: Every year we seek to improve how we fulfill this important ministry. As such, we are seeking your feedback about our school and are hoping for a great response from our parents. Please take a minute or two to complete this very short, three-question survey about your experience with our school. The results of the survey will be shared directly with the Department of Catholic Schools and will also be provided back to us so that we can use the results to improve the total learning experience of your student. Again, we are hoping to hear from as many parents as possible. The survey will take no more than two minutes to complete.
To begin the survey, click here: ENGLISH SURVEY or ENCUSETA EN ESPANOL
- PMA GOLF TOURNAMENT: Please join us at PMA's Inaugural Warrior Cup Golf Tournament on June 15th at the Rio Hondo Golf Course. The early bird registration has been extended through April 15th. All proceeds will go to support our athletic programs. To become a sponsor or sign up visit: www.piusmatthias.org/golf-tournament
- SPORTS UNIFORMS: If you played a Fall or Winter sport and have not turned in your uniform they are due. Please return them to Athletic office ASAP or you will be assessed a uniform fee. If you have any questions regarding uniforms please email the head coach in charge of your son or daughters program.
- WINTER SPORTS SURVEY: Winter sports athletes please go online to complete your Winter sports survey. If you have any questions stop by the athletic office
- OUTSTANDING SPORTS FEES: If you have any outstanding sports fees from Fall or Winter, or Spring Sports please submit payment to the front office.
- SERVICE HOUR OPPORTUNITY: The Booster club is looking for parents who want to earn service hours working at PMA athletic events or donation of items for the snack bar for the 2017-2018 school year. We are in need of sodas, Gatorade, candy, chips, and water. Please email the athletic director for more information.
- BOOSTER CLUB MEETING: Our next athletic booster club meeting will take place on Thursday April 19th in Room 106 at 6:30pm. You will receive a service hours for attending the meetings.
- SPORTS CLEARANCE: If you are trying out for a sport or off season conditioning during the 2017-2018 school year you must complete the athletic clearance information on our website. Go to www.pmawarriorsathletics.com click on warrior HQ and then click on registration. On the right hand side of the page you will see athletic clearance. If you do not have an account register as a new user. You must have all paperwork done with a physical to participate in tryouts or off season workouts during the school year. if you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the athletic director.
Please visit www.pmawarriorsathletics.com website to see the most current events happening in our athletic department.
PMA Softball @ Serra 3:15pm
PMA Baseball @ St. Anthony 3:15pm
PMA Softball vs Alice Baxter 3:00pm
PMA Softball vs St. Bernard 3:00pm
PMA Boys Volleyball @ Bell-Jeff 5:00pm
PMA Baseball vs St. Anthony @ Lynwood Middle School 3:15pm
Weekly Faith Reflection
Happy Easter! Jesus has Risen! As with every Liturgical Feast, our Easter Season has only just begun. Beginning with Easter Sunday last week and continuing on for 7 weeks through Pentecost Sunday on May 20th our Church celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus which gives great hope for eternal life. Today we celebrate the 2nd Sunday of Easter which was designated as Divine Mercy Sunday by Pope John Paul II in 2000.
Divine Mercy Sunday (also known as the Feast of the Divine Mercy) is celebrated on the Sunday after Easter, the Octave Day of Easter. The feast day is based on the Catholic devotion to the Divine Mercy that Saint Faustina Kowalska reported as part of her encounter with Jesus, and is associated with special promises from Jesus and indulgences issued by the Church. Over the next few weeks we will be sharing a series called, “The Second Greatest Story Ever Told” through our FORMED platform. Visit www.formed.org and enter our code: WPGXKJ and search for Divine Mercy under the Faith Formation tab. You will be amazed by the history and miraculous events of God’s mercy being poured out on our world through the passion, death and Resurrection of Christ, not just 2000 years ago but today in our time.