WELCOME TO THE PARENT PORTAL!
We, at St. Pius X-St. Matthias Academy, consider it a privilege to work with parents in the education of their children because we believe parents are the primary educators of their children; "Parents are the first and most important educators of their own children, and they also possess a fundamental competence in this area: they are educators because they are parents." (1994 Letter to Families Pope John Paul II). Therefore, it is your right and your duty to become the primary role models for the development of your child's life-physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and psychologically. Your choice of St. Pius X-St. Matthias Academy involves a commitment and exhibits a concern for helping your teenager to recognize God as the greatest good in their life.
PARENT NEWS & INFORMATION
PMA NEWS UPDATE FOR MAY 6-12, 2018
- LAST SCHOOL WIDE ADORATION: Our last school-wide adoration of the year will take place this Thursday May 10th at 9:45 in the gym. All families are welcome to join us one last time to give thanks for the blessings of this school year and pray in a special way for our Senior class as they prepare to embark on their future journey in college and beyond.
- YEARBOOK EXHIBITION: The 2017-2018 Yearbook Team presents: Documentary Photography/Photojournalism Gallery Exhibition. Thursday, May 10th after school 12:41 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. and Friday, May 11th during lunch 12:41 p.m. to 1:26 p.m.
- NORTHERN CALIFORNIA COLLEGE TRIP: Spots are still available for theNorthern California Trip for 2018!! First come first serve. Don't miss out! The application and $100 deposit is due to Mrs Graciano by Friday, May 11, 2018. The information flyer is attached.
- AP Exams Begin THIS WEEK: Is your student currently enrolled in an AP Class? Over the next two weeks all students who are enrolled in an AP course will take the official College Board exam. Many students will be taking multiple exams. These are very long and challenging exams. Students are excused from all other classes on the day of their exam. Please encourage your child to get a lot of rest the night before the exam and eat a heathy breakfast. Students need to report for morning exams by 7:45 am and afternoon exams by 11:45. Please see the AP Bulletin for Students & Parents (which was given to each AP student) for more information.
- Senior FINAL Exams: Senior Final Exams Begin Next Week. Seniors will take their final exams on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week. We will hold a makeup session next Thursday for students who may be out absent due to their AP Exam. We wish our seniors luck and confidence in these exams and look forward to celebrating their successes in our upcoming graduation ceremony.
- AP/Honors Program (2018-2019): The AP/Honors Recommendation Rosters for the upcoming year have been posted in the hallway outside of the counseling center. This list reflects all students who applied to the program, including those who submitting a petition for reconsideration. All students who plan on taking an AP course in the upcoming year must attend our Mandatory AP Student & Parent meeting which will be held on May 23rd at 6:30 pm. At this meeting important information will be provided regarding summer assignments, required texts, and course fees. All students will be given their AP Contract which, once signed, secures their spot in the selected AP Courses. If your child is not taking an AP course, or will be taking Honors courses only, you are not required to attend this meeting but you are welcome to attend to learn more about the program.
- Summer School Registration is Open
- Recovery Program: If you know that your child needs to attend summer school based on prior recovery needs or his/her grades last semester, REGISTER NOW. Avoid the late registration fees. All courses must be made up at PMA and will be taught in a classroom-based setting. For more information, contact our guidance counselors or Ms. Bronzina.
- Advancement Courses (Get Ahead!): Algebra II A & B, Geometry A&B, and Spanish II A & B. Registration forms are available in the main office.
- Middle-School Program (Grades 5/6 & 7/8): We will be offering a series of courses - Creative Design, and Math/English Enrichment - geared for students in Grades 5-8. See our website or stop by the front office for more information and registration forms.
- Parents can access all forms on our website under the Academic Tab or use this link: PMA Summer School
- Updates Regarding Summer Advancement Courses: Many students have registered for Algebra II A&B and Geometry A&B over the summer. Students are able to receive honors credit for these courses. By student request, we have added Trigonometry to our summer advancement offerings. This will be a 5-credit class offered during Session #3 (1 - 3pm) and is designed for students who will enter AP Calculus next year. This course will help to prepare them for a successful year in Calculus. We will honor early registration prices for this new course, so register early if you are interested.
- SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS: Attention Senior Parents, if you have an outstanding balance that has been not been resolved with the business office, your student is at risk for being suspended during final exams next week. Please contact the business office immediately to ensure that your child is not affected.
- MAKE YOUR MARK-GYM BLEACHER CAMPAIGN: Thank you to all who have purchased a PMA gym seat. The $200 are sold out, but don't miss out there are still $100 and $50 seats available. Please visit: GYM BLEACHER SEAT CAMPAIGN
- DEPT. OF CATHOLIC SCHOOLS SURVEY: Every year we seek to improve how we fulfill this important ministry. As such, we are seeking your feedback about our school and are hoping for a great response from our parents. Please take a minute or two to complete this very short, three-question survey about your experience with our school. The results of the survey will be shared directly with the Department of Catholic Schools and will also be provided back to us so that we can use the results to improve the total learning experience of your student. Again, we are hoping to hear from as many parents as possible. The survey will take no more than two minutes to complete.
- PMA GOLF TOURNAMENT: LAST CHANCE TO BUY your tickets to the 1st Annual Warrior Cup Golf Tournament on June 15th. All proceeds go to support Warrior Athletics. To sign up or to become a hole sponsor please contact Ms. Santos at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 861-2271 x2205
- SPORTS UNIFORMS: If you played a Fall or Winter sport and have not turned in your uniform they are due. Please return them to Athletic office ASAP or you will be assessed a uniform fee. If you have any questions regarding uniforms please email the head coach in charge of your son or daughters program.
- BOOSTER CLUB MEETING: Our next athletic booster club meeting will take place on Thursday May17th in room 134 at 6:30pm. You will receive a service hours for attending the meetings.
- WINTER SPORTS SURVEY: Winter sports athletes please go online to complete your Winter sports survey. If you have any questions stop by the athletic office
- OUTSTANDING SPORTS FEES: If you have any outstanding sports fees from Fall or Winter, or Spring Sports please submit payment to the front office.
- SERVICE HOUR OPPORTUNITY: The Booster club is gearing up for the 2018-19 school year and looking for parents who want to earn service hours working at PMA athletic events or donation of items for the snack bar. Please email the athletic director for more information.
- EARN FUNDS FOR YOUR SPORTS FEES: The athletic department has an opportunity to help you earn money for your athletic fees by scorekeeping at basketball games this coming weekend of May 11-13th. Funds earned can be used to pay towards your PMA Athletic fees. If you would like more information please email email@example.com.
- BOOSTER CLUB: Booster Club is currently seeking parent nominations for their Booster Club Board. If you know anyone or are interested in seeking a board position, please submit names to the Athletic Director, Mr. Morrison.
- SPORTS CLEARANCE: If you are trying out for a sport or off season conditioning during the 2018-2019 school year you must complete the athletic clearance information on our website. Go to www.pmawarriorsathletics.com click on warrior HQ and then click on registration. On the right hand side of the page you will see athletic clearance. If you do not have an account register as a new user. You must have all paperwork done with a physical to participate in tryouts or off season workouts during the school year. If you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the athletic director.
- SPRING SPORTS BANQUET: On Friday May 18 at 6:30pm we will be having our spring sports banquet. Since we started having our banquets at Rio Hondo golf Course we have been growing in numbers. We have out grown their facilities and have to move it back to PMA in our gym. Since we have renovated the bleachers we will have a lot more room to expand the banquet to many more people who would like to attend. The price of the Banquet will be $20 dollars and will be a catered dinner. All spring coaches have handed out the flyers to athletes. If you have not received a flyer to RSVP please stop by the front office to get a flyer. All athletes must RSVP by May 11th. If you have any questions please stop by the athletic office.
- Please visit pmawarriorsathletics.com website to see the most current events happening in our athletic department.
PMA Baseball @ St. Genevieve 3:15pm
PMA Softball @ St. Genevieve 3:15pm
PMA Baseball vs St. Genevieve @ Lynwood Middle School (Senior Night) 3:00pm
PMA Softball vs Webb @ Apollo Park (Senior Night) 3:00pm
Weekly Faith Reflection
God’s School of Trust, which began in the Old Testament, continued through Christ’s work in
the New Testament. Unfortunately, humanity’s distorted image of God has remained a problem throughout Church history. But God doesn’t give up on us. In fact, he brings us back to his School of Trust in the revelation of his Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary, the merciful moral theology of St. Alphonsus de Liguori, and the Little Way of St. Thérèse of Lisieux. Continuing our reflection on the series, “The Second Greatest Story Ever Told” through our FORMED platform, this week focuses on the merciful heart of Christ revealed throughout history. Visit www.formed.org and enter our code: WPGXKJ and search for Divine Mercy under the Faith Formation tab.